Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Currently and Tech Tips!!

Happy February!! I love the design of Farley's CURRENTLY this month! Be sure to link up!!

* LISTENING - I'm still on my country kick.  I have it on ALL day long.

* LOVING - I love my new Smartboard and iPads in my classroom!!! They have permanently changed the way I teach.  This is the first Smartboard I've ever had.  How did I use to teach without it?! Here are some pics.
Using AirServer, I can wirelessly mirror multiple iPads onto my Smartboard.  I love using this feature during math time!! I can easily assess how my students are doing. My students love having their work displayed for everyone to see.
These pics show my students taking AR tests and solving math problems using Educreations.
I'm loving the Notebook software to create interactive lessons.  Here are a few of my second grade students reviewing time and money concepts. 
 * THINKING - Thank you Punxsutawney Phil for NOT seeing your shadow!!! I am such a California girl.  Weather below 60 degrees is too cold for me, so an early Spring is music to my ears.


* WANTING - I need some suggestions for great, educational apps for my new iPads.  Time to start searching through some of my favorite teacher blogs! What are some of your favorite apps?

* NEEDING - I'll be out for two days next week for school stuff.  I need to write my sub plans ... SO ANNOYING!  This takes me to my pet peeves .......

* PET PEEVES - I hate writing sub plans! I'm sure you all feel my pain with this one.  Secondly, winter is by far my LEAST favorite season.  I can't wait for warmer weather.  I'm such a happier girl in summer!! 

Don't forget the BIG Super Sunday Sale on TPT running for the next 2 days!!

Fondly,

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jayme! I agree that sub plans are awful! Sometimes I find myself going to work pretty sick just because I don't want to go through the trouble of writing plans! Pretty bad, I know! I'm also looking forward to an early spring and already counting down to my summer! :)
    -Marie
    Beach Lovin' Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie,

      I agree! It is countdown time to summer!!

      :) Jayme

      Delete
  2. I hope the groundhog is right!! It has been snowing here today (Illinois) and I'm definitely ready for some warmer weather!!

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cait,

      Aww I'll send some sunshine to you! That groundhog better be right! :)

      Jayme

      Delete
  3. I am totally jealous of your ipads! Do you have them for one to one use? I have a netbook cart with netbooks for all my kids, but wish I had some ipads too! I am excited to find your site and see what you are doing with technology! Such an exciting time to be a teacher! I love your cute blog!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi,

      I have 1 iPad for every 4 of my students. That's nice that you have netbooks for all your kids.

      I agree ... it is an exciting time to be a teacher.

      :) Jayme

      Delete
  4. But as a sub, I appreciate that you write plans at least! Really appreciate it!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jayme!
    I'd rather go into work sick just so I don't have to write sub plans. Two days of plans is no fun! I'm totally jealous of all of your technology! I-pads AND a smartboard...and they're connected!! WOW!! My sister has a smart board in her classroom.She was one of the lucky ones to get one last year. Maybe someday I'll get one put into my room... or move to a room that has one already. =) Have a great week!!
    -Jackie-
    Sister Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie,

      Sister Teachers! You girls rock! Hopefully, you will get a smartboard soon. They're amazing!

      :) Jayme

      Delete
  6. Educreations is one of my most favorite apps!! Technology integrations make teaching and learning so great!

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Educreations is great! It is very kid friendly!

      :) Jayme

      Delete
  7. AirServer sounds awesome! I love my Smartboard and it has completely changed the way I teach too.

    I found your blog through Farley's Currently. I'm one of your newest followers and I would LOVE if you would follow me as well. I just started blogging as one of my New Years resolutions and I'm loving it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm your newest follower. I love getting ideas from my fellow third grade bloggers.

      :) Jayme

      Delete
  8. Excited to find your blog! I also teach 3rd so I love finding new third grade friends! =)

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love third grade friends too!!! Everyone has such great ideas! I love your blog. I've been following you for awhile.

      :) Jayme

      Delete
  9. Did you guys get a grant? Congrats on the new technology. How cool is that?!
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...