I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!!
Ana over at Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard and Jana at Down the Hall in Third nominated me for the Liebster Award.
Thanks ladies so much for this special award! I actually have been nominated before ...... but that was a loooooong time ago. I'm sad to say I really neglected my blog last year. This year I have a renewed sense of passion for my blog and for the blogging community. Therefore, I decided I would go through the process of the Liebster Award a second time.
Here are the Liebster Rules:
1) Link back to the blog that nominated me
2) Nominate 5 - 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3) Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
4) Share 11 random facts about myself
5) Contact my nominees and let them know that I nominated them
1) What has been your most memorable 'aha' moment from teaching?
I've had many 'aha' moments!!! I have to say one thing that forever changed the way I run my classroom is MUSIC. I use it for transitions, chants, and to create a positive, fun mood in my class.
2) How do you balance the long hours and demands of teaching with your personal life?
I'm still single .... so I think that helps!!! Haha! Besides that, I have to confess I'm slightly a workaholic. If I'm not planning or prepping for my class, I'm blogging or creating TPT products. It's my creative outlet and I love it. However, I always make time for my family & friends and a glass of wine!!!
3) What do you love about the grade level you teach or a specific grade level you have taught in the past?
I've taught second and third grade. I'm currently in third and I love it. I think it's a great age. My students are becoming more independent, but are still sweet and loving. They are funny and have great sense of humors.
4) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Wine, Mexican food, bordeaux chocolates from See's Candies .... I couldn't pick just one!!!
5) What read aloud do you HAVE to do each year with your class no matter what?
Mr. Peabody's Apples by Madonna
6) What is your favorite holiday to celebrate with your kiddos and why?
Even though my students can't dress up at school for Halloween, it's my fav! I love all the seasonal art projects I do at that time of year.
7) What advice for new teachers do you have?
Be yourself!! Find your own teaching style and have it jive with your personality. Sometimes that is hard to do your first year because you are fresh from student teaching.
8) What is the silliest gift you've ever gotten from a student?
A few days ago, I got a pop up card with a prince proposing to me from one of my students. It cracked me up!!
9) What's your favorite field trip and why?
We used to go to the California Science Center and Natural History Museum in Los Angeles. Both places are amazing!!! My students LOVED going there. Great place to go after teaching about dinosaurs and fossils.
10) What is something that you want all parents of your students to know?
I want them to know that I fall in love with their children. Their child's success is my success!!!
11) What is the best part of your job?
Obviously, the kids!!! Then, it's the creative side. I love decorating and technology, so my job brings many of my passions together.
11 Random Facts about ME
* This is my 13th year teaching!! I can't believe it!!
* I'm Italian and truly believe I lived in Italy in my past life. I feel it in my blood!
* I'm a techie nerd! I love it! My students eat, breathe, and live TECHNOLOGY!
* I have 3 brothers. I grew up being the only girl.
* I'm a travel bug! My bucket list of places I want to go is ridiculously long!!
* I have curly brown hair! I have a love hate relationship with my hair.
* I have 13 first cousins. I don't even think I could count how many second and third cousins I have. It's A LOT!
* I'm ready to change the theme decor of my classroom. I've had zebra print for the last few years. I'm thinking a vintage classroom theme for next year.
* I've been skydiving! It was WILD!
* I'm slightly addicted to Instagram! I love pictures & photography!
* Summer is my favorite season!!!
My questions for my nominated peeps:
1) What grade do you currently teach? Have you taught any other grades?
2) What is your favorite thing about teaching? Least favorite?
3) If your school was donated $25,000, what would you want your principal to purchase?
4) What is your favorite TV show?
5) If you could go back in time, what era would you choose to visit?
6) What is your school mascot?
7) How many kids are in your class?
8) What is your current obsession?
9) What is your idea of relaxing after a crazy day of teaching?
10) Do you have iPads in your class?11) Heels or flats?
I nominated the following AWESOME & AMAZING blogs:
Once again, thank you Ana and Jana for nominating me!!! I'm flattered!