Karen over at Little Second-Grade Somebodies, Brooke from Whooo's in Second Grade, Gina from Beach Sand and Lesson Plans, and Lindsey from Teaching Snip-Its nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. I'm very flattered!! This award is given to up and coming bloggers with 200 or less followers. That's me!!! Thanks girls for your nominations! Be sure to check out their fabulous blogs.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
11 random things about me:
1) I've been skydiving once. It was amazing!!! I had a perfect landing. No joke!
2) I love ketchup!! I especially like to dip grilled cheese sandwiches in it.
3) I have 3 brothers. I'm the only girl in my family.
4) I love summertime!! I feel a slight depression coming on every year when we have to change the clocks back. :(
5) Country music is my new obsession!! I'm addicted.
6) I always have music on!!!!
7) Italy is my favorite place in the world ... maybe because I'm Italian. It's beautiful!
8) I'm still a Miss hoping one day to be a Mrs. Sometimes I feel like the only single teacher left on the planet. Haha!
9) I ran my first 5k this month.
10) I'm still stuffed from my Thanksgiving dinner .... but I could go for a slice of pumpkin pie. Oddly enough, it was the only kind of pie missing from our feast. Boooo!
11) I'm going to Japan in April for my cousin's wedding. It will be Cherry Blossom time!
Questions from Little Second-Grade Somebodies:
1. Is education the only career you've had? If not what else have you done?
Education is and will be my only career. Before I became a teacher, I was a server in restaurants.
2. Have you or anyone in your family ever served in the military? If so, what branch?
Yes!! Some of my family members have served in the military.
3. What type of school district do you work in? (urban, suburban, rural)
My school district is located in a suburban area. It's in a town outside of Los Angeles.
4. Do you have a favorite celebrity? If so, who?
I don't have a fav celebrity. I'm a huge Lakers fan, so my fav athlete used to be Derek Fisher. Sadly, he's no longer a Laker player.
5. Are you a reader? What genre?
Yes!!! I love reading when I find the time or when I don't fall asleep. :) I like a variety of genres.
6. What is your favorite movie?
That's a tough one. "Love Actually" or anything FUNNY!!
7. What is the highest degree you hold?
I have a Masters in Education from U.C.S.B.
8. What do you consider the most memorable event in your life?
Anytime with my family & friends, my trip to Italy, and traveling ... I'm hoping my most memorable events are yet to come.
9. What is your favorite food?
Mexican and Italian
10. Do you have pets?
None of my own, but I dog sit a lot for my family members' dogs. :)
11. Do you intend to "Black Friday"?
Surprisingly, I will be shopping on Black Friday this year with my mom (which is actually in a few hours). Shopping is one of my least favorite things to do.
My questions for my nominated peeps:
1) What grade do you currently teach? Have you taught any other grades?
2) What is your favorite thing about teaching? Least favorite?
3) If your school was donated $25,000, what would you want your principal to purchase?
4) What is your favorite TV show?
5) If you could go back in time, what era would you choose to visit?
6) What is your school mascot?
7) How many kids are in your class?
8) What is your current obsession?
9) What is your idea of relaxing after a crazy day of teaching?
10) Do you have a favorite holiday treat or drink?
11) Heels or flats?
My nominated peeps: